Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tattoo-sies.

I have 2 (3?) tattoos. 
Words on my chest. And a star on each hip.
I got my stars on April 5th 2007.
I got my chest done on November 21st 2008.

I've never been tattooed over the age of 18years old? Blows my mind. ha.
The legal tattooing age in Wisconsin is 18.
Minnesota is 16 with parental consent. Guess where I went? :}

My leopard stars at age 17:

My chest a month after I got it done:

My tattoo adventure in November 2008...

Pretty much picked the most shifty place I could find. Wait, just kidding.
My mom actually found them online? I don't really know, but I love my tattoo artist. She's like 60+years old and she's done both of mine. And 3+ of my moms. She doesn't charge up the ass. She can draw up your tattoo in less than 10minutes and she can tattoo you in less than an hour. No matter how big. My mom got her leg piece done in less than 45minutes. It takes up nearly her entire thigh.

My tattoo shop nor artist is "hip". But I'm okay with that. ;]
The shop:

My stencil of my tattoo.



Yes, her husband thought my tattoo was badass. hahah.

A day later. Bruising by the webs. :/

My fiance got his "Wisconsin Tattoo" the day after I got my chest done. Neither of us have gotten a tattoo since? We are weirdos. This is me on MSN Messenger webcam. (It's just a screen shot) It was the first time he saw me with my tattoo. :]


Meaning behind my tattoos...
When I knew I wanted a tattoo, I didn't know what to get. I wanted something simple, because I didn't know how bad it was going to hurt or not hurt. I wanted to play it safe. I liked 'star shapes' and 'funky suns' when I was little. (Like 3 years old.) But other than that, I have no attachments to stars at all. I did, at the time have this huge thing for leopard. My favorite colors at the time were Aqua Blue and Lime Green. Which I am SO happy I didn't get those colors blended into my tattoo. If I could high five myself, I would. Way to go, me.

SO yeah, I decided to do stars with leopard inside of them. I had also wanted pink and orange blended in, but it looked like blood on the paper, when she showed me what it'd look like. And blue and green looked like I had a fascination with sea life? I REALLY wanted color in it, but she said I could always add some later, and it would be best to do it when I FOR SURE knew what I wanted. I agree. And then about 15 minutes later, I had my first tattoo(s).

Literally a 2+ hour drive. I was there for 30minutes. hahah. My stars cost $80.

Then in November 2008 I really wanted a tattoo for 'Christmas'. My mom agreed... then I went to sleep, woke up and she said she had a tattoo appointment at 10am and we had to leave. I was like WTF?! And got dressed, and we were on our way. hah. Talk about instant effect. (My mom is never like that.) Then the pictures above kind of show that day. My chest took 45minutes to do. It cost $150.

She had examples of what I wanted already drawn up. I wanted script text that looked kinda spooky. And then spider webs at the beginning and end. She showed me a few examples... some were off, some where kinda what I wanted. And none were 'right on the head'... but I didn't settle... It's just what I wanted wasn't going to aesthetically look good. So we came up with my now tattoo. :]

After having my star tattoos without color, I knew I didn't want color on my chest tattoo. I'm so OCD that I would have to make sure my tattoo would match what I'm wearing, and I've never been a fan of 'the rainbow' look of colors... so it would just piss me off! Ha. So I decided no color... again. I've also decided NO color on any tattoo that I ever get. I've felt this way since about 2 weeks after my star tattoos. And the most color I'll do is shading no more than a half inch of something in a part of a tattoo.

I chose "Until the day I die..." To me it means, I am who I am. Who I choose to be. Don't judge me until I die, because that is who I am, Officially. Until then, I'm forever changing. Forever learning. Forever becoming a person who I will someday die as. I hate explaining it to people, because it's an open meaning. And it's for me. Not for them or anyone else.

I next plan to get my right upper arm done. Or my wrists. Or both... matters the price.
My fiance plans on his chest or hips. Then his wrists as well.

I don't know how to end this? Ha.
That's it! Any questions... ask. :}

Love,
Little Miss Karalin

No comments:

Post a Comment