Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Peek into my life

Only doing this because I don't have much for followers. Otherwise I'm sure they wouldn't enjoy this huge spam of my face/life on my blog. Ha.

This is a bit about me... Over the last 5years. (15yearsold to 20yearsold.)

Well to kick it back to 20 years ago...
I was born in Rice Lake, Wisconsin. (Google it?)
I live 60minutes south of there now. Take a guess somewhere below there, and I've lived there, or live there now. My parents divorced when I was 18months old. My dad lived in Rice Lake until I was 13yearsold. Whilst I moved away with my mom when I was 3years old. My mom then married my step dad in 1994. They are still together to this day.

When I was 13yearsold, my dad fell in love with a lady. They were engaged after about a year. Married the year after that. They've been married since 2005. 

With all this family mumbo jumbo. I have 7brothers. No sisters. My step dad had two sons. My mom had me and my older brother. Then when she remarried she had two more sons with my step dad. (That's 5 brothers)

In 2005, my dad married my step mom. She had an adopted son that was 5 at the time. In 2007 she got pregnant. Having my final brother. (That's another two, equaling 7 total!)

Yes, I really... have NO sisters. And I'm only close to my mom out of females in my family.

So this kinda brings us to the last 5 years!! hahha. Well, I went to a normal school in a normal town. Then in the summer before my Junior year I went to a meeting for a 'alternative school'. Mainly, you think bad kids when you hear that. And yes... there was a lot of 'bad kids' there. But I was going for SCHOOL not because of the trouble I'd get into at school. Anyways, the normal school district didn't work out for me very well. I'm smart, I know this... but I'd get an F in every single class.

I enrolled in the alternative school as a sophomore, because credit wise... that's what I was considered. I was there from September 2007 - April 2008. I gained all credits for Sophomore year, Junior year and Senior year. And I graduated with a 4.0 GPA. As well as a year early (obviously), as well as 2 months before the last day of school. My last day of High School was my 17th birthday.

My normal day consisted of. ^

Me and one of my favorite teachers.

Graduation day:
(Me in the process of graduating)

My graduating class

At home after graduation:
I'm weird. ;]

I moved in with my boyfriend of 2+years (at the time) in Mid-May 2008, down to Whitewater, Wisconsin. (Bottom of Wisconsin, Google it?) Came back for my graduation on May 30th 2008.
This is him & me at my graduation:

That July 2008... towards the middle of the month. We ended our relationship of 2 years, 6 months. I packed up my stuff and moved home. And of course there was a dead stop traffic jam for 2 hours. -.-


I moved back home to my dad's house. Which is weird to think about now (I've never lived with my dad 'full time'). But my mom didn't want me back at her house for some reason. "I was old enough to move out, I was old enough to take care of myself." Then I found my own apartment about 2 weeks later.

My dad helped remodel it with me. Some glimpses of that...
My first apartment room as a single, adult, graduated lady. ^
Me being happy about my adulthood...


I look back now and realize 2008 was such a shift of everything in my life. I graduated. I lost my boyfriend. I was truly single for the first time since early 2006. I never got to be me. I never got to wear what I wanted without being criticized. I was never 'up to speed' with how fast everyone elses lives were. And there I was August 2008. My life had the pedal to the metal!! I had no control of how fast things were going. Where they were going. Nothing. But wow... I wouldn't change a thing from that year. My life flipped 180. And I'm still feeling the effects to this day.

I learned to let go of the things I couldn't change. I learned I'm a stronger person inside of myself than people thought I was/told me I was. I knew I didn't need a man to get me through life. I knew what it was like to lose myself. I also knew what it was like to truly find myself. I made more mistakes in that year, than in my entire life. But I got somewhere. And I lived through it all. I'm proud of myself and who I am.

This is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment