Thursday, August 18, 2011

She's getting married... and loves books

We are getting married in October.
I have bought 2 dresses already. One was a beachy feel. One was a rustic feel. Now I'm looking for more elegant kind of feel. I'm going to do a full length dress this time, my other two are short dresses. This is hopefully my final buy... because there isn't much time left!

This is a dress I tried on that was similar to the one online. (They don't carry 'my dress' in store?)
This one had a looong train and a bunch of tulle and crinoline underneath. I tried to push it to the back as much as I could to make it look like the dress online.

My momma is in the background. She's been so excited for us the last few months when we decided to finally get married this year. She was having a blast at the bridal salon whilst the consultants just pissed me off trying to give me dresses I didn't want. :( We ended up trying on the dress above twice... and took pictures of only that one, and left! My mom walked out and was like "Holey Moley they were RUDE!"

I'm ordering my wedding dress on September 2nd. :/ Yes almost one month from when I'll say "I do."
Scared and Nervous, but everything should work out. :) It looks nearly the same as above. You all will see it after the wedding in some pictures I post.

I also got some books in the mail this week!


Here's 5 of the 7 that I ordered. Other two were still the the mail.

This is a glimpse inside my favorite one I got, "Your baby in pictures". It's parent help so they can take pictures of their own kids. And I do children photography, so it helps me in that area too. And to know what parents want out of their pictures. Etc.
This page is just talking about shutter speed and capturing the right moment.
Nothing special, but I just loved skimming through it. :)

Here are some book recommendations from my home library!

Planning on selling any crafts, starting your own business... just doing a craft fundraiser?  
These two books are amazing. The Handmade Marketplace spells out everything for you. Helps you step by step with little blurbs from other crafters to help you relate! Crafty Superstar lets you in on the best way to do things, simplifying everything the best way she could in a book.

The Handmade Marketplace by Kari Chapin
Crafty Superstar by Grace Dobush

Onto Rustic/Country decor and homecookin'...
This is my pride and joy of the books I own. These two gems will make you into a domestic goddess. Decorating, Cooking, Baking, Organizing... Drooling... you become a professional at all of it. Especially Drooling.

The Farm Chicks in the Kitchen by Serena Thompson & Teri Edwards
The Farm Chicks Christmas by Serena Thompson

Staying simple and traditional in the kitchen, look no farther.
First you have to stop feeling the outside of the books... organic/natural/the way a book should feel... feeling of these two. Then to open it up... and have your brain explode with this overwhelming feeling that you should be a mother of 5 hosting thanksgiving dinner. (You'll want to cook everything.)

Jam it, Pickle it, Cure it and other cooking projects by Karen Solomon
The Commonsense Kitchen by Tom Hudgens

And an ode to all that is organic and natural. 
As well as a kick back to past generations of knowledge.
Self explanatory.
I am tempted to buy every female friend of mine "Home Economics" for a major holiday.

Country Wisdom Almanac by Storey's Publishing Country Wisdom Libary
Home Economics by Jennifer Mcknight Trontz

See you all again soon!
-Little Miss Karalin

3 comments:

  1. Holy moley lady, you're stunning :)
    That dress is wicked gorgeous. I found mine online too and just knew it was the one. I'm super unpicky about these things though. I hope you love this one!

    Those books all looked super informative heh. I'm terrible at reading things that would help me. I'm a junk fiction reader all the way :P I'll have to look into that Handmade Marketplace one though! How neat :)

    Also, you should do a tattoo post, cause I'd love to hear about your chest piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super unpicky too. As long as it looks good, I'll wear it. I'm not one for stripes though... not relating to wedding dresses. Haha.

    I used to be reallly into reading in Middle School. I just get attached to characters? If that makes sense. I don't want to move onto a different book with different problems and stories. I want to know how the fiction life continues!!!

    I have a few books from middle school that still sit upon my bookshelf. The last time I bought a fiction book was probably 2006. (SO bad... because I love reading.) But I've also been into biography's more the last few years?

    Oh my chest piece is nothing special. but I suppose it does have a story. I have leopard stars on my hips too. And I've never been tattooed over the age of 18. Weird huh?

    ReplyDelete